Understanding and supporting children experiencing Anxiety
This workshop will explore:
- the types of anxiety, and when to seek help
- contributors, and ways to reduce them.
- indicators. Some anxiety is part of normal childhood development, however we explore signs to look out for.
- whats happening in the brain, patterns of behaviour and the anxiety cycle (and strategies to interrupt and change the cycle)
- what doesn't work, we will look at the importance of being aware of the language used, labelling and validation of feelings.
- PRACTICAL strategies to support the child. These strategies are research and evidence based, with resources provided.
- ways for the whole family to be supported. Anxiety can be exhausting for everyone! We will cover ways for parents/caregivers/educators to reduce their stress and remain calm.