Workshops for Families
Sign up for our newsletter to keep in touch.
Mindful Awareness Parent Course
Kids Hub will be running Mindful Awareness Parenting (MAP™) 5 week parent course, proudly subsidised by St John of God Hospital, Geraldton.
MAP™ is a nationally run parenting workshop developed by Dr Rebecca Coleman which aims to promote the emotional connections between parents and young children (birth - 5 yrs old).
What do MAP™ workshops offer?
The content used in the MAP™ workshop series is evidence-based and cutting edge.
In the MAP™ workshops you will learn;
• To notice what your child needs
• To repair your relationships when things don't go as smoothly as you would like
• Ways to help you stay calm with your kids
• To enjoy being a “Good Enough” Parent
• Ways to look after yourself even when you are busy looking after your family
• To have fun and enjoy being a parent
• Lifelong relationship skills
The course consists of five 2hr sessions over five weeks, and normally costs $250. However with SJOG generous subsidy, we are able to offer this course to 8 parents, for $100 per family.
Kate Foster, is an Accredited facilitator for this program, with more details on the MAP™ website - http://www.maplinc.com.au/
Free child care thanks to the generous support from Magic Cottage Child Care, morning tea, and all resources provided
Term 2 2017 course will run every Thursday 9:30-11:30, starting on the 18th of May
Venue - City Hive, 184 Marine Terrace