Kids Hub are pleased to be presenting Engaging Adolescents.
We will cover parenting skills for resolving teenage behaviour problems - This is a 3 part course and requires attendance at all sessions, please consider this when reserving your place.
The course will be held on Thursday, the 10th, 17th & 24th of May at Headspace Geraldton (193 Marine Tce), from 6:00pm - 8:00pm
The Engaging Adolescents course is fully funded by Parenting Connections WA.
Parenting skills for resolving teenage behaviour problems - This is a 3 part course that requires attendance at all sessions, please consider this when reserving your place.
The structure of this course provides parents with a model for working out what behaviour needs attention and what you can let go, how to coach teenagers to consider the consequences of their actions and to hold difficult conversations when things might not go to plan. A practical ‘ how-to ‘ guide for parents.
- Understanding adolescents: a time of reconstructions, redeveloping social landscapes, brain snaps and body make-overs.
- Understanding your job as parent/carer of a teenager – observer, advisor, negotiator, director.
- A three-option model for decision making….a ‘drop down’ menu for parents.
- Working out how NOT to respond in tricky emotional encounters.
- Building your relationship with your teenager.
- How to hold difficult conversations more successfully when discussing issues such as internet overuse, sibling conflict, disrespect, truancy, going out, school work, helping out, choice of peers…and much more.