This session explores:
- baby and toddler communication, how to interpret the signals and cues, and respond to their needs
- the different stages of development and ways to support
- looking at attachment, the importance of, and strategies
- brain development, sensitive periods, and mirror neurons
- "good enough" parenting, making mistakes and learning from them
- ways to stay calm, when things aren't going well
This workshop will be facilitated by Kate Foster, a Family Counsellor. She has extensive knowledge in child development, and parenting support, with qualifications of Bachelor of Social Science (Children & Family Studies/Psychology) and Diploma of Children Services (0 -12 yrs).
Kate is also qualified to deliver the MAP parenting course, which has a focus on the 0-5yr old development period.