Kate Foster and Angie West are committed to offering personalised and professional training and support to Early Childhood Services across Western Australia.
Kate has over 20 years experience in the early childhood sector with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Social Science (Children & Family Studies/Psychology)
- Diploma in Children’s Services
- Advanced Diploma of Management
- Cert IV in Training & Assessment
- Cert IV in Business
- Cert IV in OH&S
Kate is a qualified Counsellor, and offers parent support and Family Counselling. She is committed to supporting parents and children, particularly in the areas of anxiety, autism spectrum disorder, behaviour guidance and Mindfulness.
Angie has over 20 years experience in the early childhood sector with the following qualifications:
- Associate Diploma in Social Science (Child Care)
- Cert IV Out of School Hours Care
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment
Angie has owned and operated early childhood services in WA including long daycare and out of school hours care. She managed the day to day operations of the services with the support of a team of dedicated Coordinators and Educators who shared the same passion of providing high quality inclusive environments.
Angie has also spent time working in the education system and as an Inclusion Support Facilitator. She is passionate about supporting children and families in early childhood settings, that require additional inclusion needs.
In 2010 Angie traveled to Italy to complete a week long International Study tour at the Loris Malaguzzi International Centre in Reggio Emilia. This study allowed Angie to gain an insight into the innovative approach to Education in Reggio Emilia. She is passionate about sharing this educational philosophy.
Team Highlights & training
- Kate & Angie completed 'Implementation of Mindfulness practice into the classroom' - Perth
- Kate & Angie completed Practitioner training - Engaging Adolescents - Perth
- Kate & Angie attended Happiness & It's causes conference - Sydney
- Angie attended The International Association of Nature Pedagogy conference - Adelaide
- Kids Hub OSHC Coordinator Christie attended The children and Nature conference - Perth
2013 / 2016
- Angie & Kate attended Nature Play WA conference - Fremantle
- Kate attended the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority Conference in Sydney (courtesy of the Geraldton Regional Community Education Centre www.edcentre.wa.edu.au/
- Angie attended Happiness and its Causes 2013, and enjoyed an audience with His Holiness the Dali Lamai
- Angie and Kate attended the Three R’s Conference at Bold Park Community School, and listening to Claire Warden, Tim Gill, Adam Bienenstock, Toni Christie and Maggie Dent www.boldpark.com
- Attendance at Maggie Dent presentation about Becoming an Amazing Educator
- Kate coordinated the first major early childhood Conference in the Midwest (Western Australia) - the Connecting the Dots Conference “What does it take to grow a Child?" www.connectingthedotsconference.com.
- Angie presented “Beyond the Egg Carton” recycling and open ended learning workshop at the Connecting the Dots Conference, participants included long day care Educators, family day care, teachers